Title: Sales and Marketing Specialist
Reports to: CEO
Status: Full time, salaried
Summary: Manage marketing and lead generation for an established small SaaS technology provider to nonprofit and government organizations. Works in an virtual entrepreneurial environment under general supervision.
- 1-3 years Marketing experience
- Sales experience, preferably in a small to midsize business; or fundraising experience in lieu of sales. Experience in opportunity/lead development preferred
- Nonprofit or government experience strongly preferred
- Comfortable with technology; familiarity with database and/or web technology helpful, particularly nonprofit CRM and communications applications
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, preferably in related field
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm for the nonprofit and government sectors
- Strong communication skills, including listening, persuasion, facilitation, public speaking, writing
- Write and design publications, advertisements and sales literature.
- Contribute content for e-news, website, and blog
- Create and send emails for marketing and client communication.
- Manage social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Blog. Solicit, edit and publish blog posts from coworkers and guest writers
- Keep up to date on nonprofit and technology news, trends, and best practices.
- Other marketing related duties as assigned, such as competitive research
- Identify, research and qualify outside and inside sales leads and move qualified leads through the sales process
- Schedule and conduct sales presentations and demonstrations, prepare proposals and agreements, and close sales
- Coordinate setups and upgrades with tech staff
- Check in regularly with current clients, providing updates and ensuring quality service and retention
- Identify and follow through on opportunities to up sell current clients
- Keep sales and client database up to date
- Monitor progress against sales goals, recommending adjustments in sales and marketing activities as appropriate
- Base Salary – $50,000 – $60,000
- Bonus – quarterly bonus based on achieving agreed to goals.
- Benefits –vacation, holiday, and sick time (earned on a pro-rated basis for part time employees), health/dental insurance supplement available to full time employees, 401(K) plan.
Please send resumes and cover letter to Chris Hanson at email@example.com